Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Long Week

This week has been a long one. BUT it went by fast. How does that happen? It seems like it was a month long but it all happened in one day.

Today I am very proud of my two altar boys participating in the Holy Day Mass for All Saints. There was not much of a crowd for a holy day of obligation. Most people probably went to the vigil Mass last night because they have to work. My oldest got to ring the bells during the consecration for the first time. He did very well and I am very proud of him. The 'baby' (he's 2) only fussed once when he hit the back of his head on the pew. He didn't even fuss when I went up to do the second reading. They were all great today. Some days just go well.

Of course, no school got done today. I just had to take a breather. The plan tomorrow is to do some study in the morning and then do our usual Friday art activities. Art is a joyous activity all the kids look forward to. They get to do little art activities during the week but they have a good long art lesson--drawing, coloring, cutting, painting, whatever--on Friday as a reward for a long week of work. I believe art is just as important as math and science for a growing child's mind. The creative thinking helps them in those areas, too. And, the walls get a boost from their boredom.

Right now, I need to get Spiderman to bed so the kids can go to bed.

No comments: