Sunday, July 13, 2008

It's Been Awhile


To whom it may concern:
I can't believe it has been almost a month. But I guess it is just coincindental that my husband has been home for a month, also?. I has been an eventful month with 3 weeks of camps, swimming, rafting, and library trips for the kids. I am still waiting for my vacation. Hah!!

I'm exhausted. I get even more so when I think of all the work I have to do be for school starts in a few short weeks. I have to get the basement classroom clean and organized. The mountain of unpacked boxes in enormous; the space designated for the storage of all that school "crap" is small in comparison. Our basement floor is a lake every time it rains hard. We have no money to fix the foundation so must mop up and patch it the best we can each time.

I have gotten my kitchen and office area, my bathroom, and one kid's room painted since we moved in August of last year. I have only taken down the wallpaper trim in the dining room and living room so far--wow, the ceilings rose a couple of feet! I promised the kids in the other two rooms that we would paint this summer--I have no idea when we are going to do that.

My diabetic son went rafting with the youth group. I was nervous about it from the start. I am continually being laughed at as overprotective. Yeah... He lost his insulin and drowned his meter. His father went to get him--three hours away. Dad did not bring insulin because our son did not tell us he lost it. So he had to take a large corrective insulin dose when he got home. Yeah, I'm overprotective, right...

Anyway, the end of summer is fast approaching and I have no idea how I am going to get school, CCD, and cub scouts ready for the fall. And, I need to have my house ready, the kids clothes ready, school paid for, chores set up, etc, etc, etc... It never ends.

I love my life. I love my life. I love my life. I love my life.

Picture: Close up of "The Holy Family Resting - The Flight to Egypt" from the Crypt Church of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, Washington, DC.

No comments: