Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend (2)

Well, today was a very long, hot day.  I was feeling a little guilty about not going to the cemetary to "plant" flags with the kids.  As it turns out approximately 200 people showed up and our little post got the credit for it!  No guilt now!

I did spend several hours out there signing people up to buy a Wreaths Across America wreath.  It is an evergreen wreath that will be put on their loved ones grave for the Christmas Holiday season.  It is a wonderful program.  I am looking forward to helping with that project also.

Tomorrow will see more "business" on that score but I don't know how much time I can spend there.  Today took a lot out of me.  I know that it took a lot out of one of the elderly men from our post.  He was  having a hard time walking to his car for the drive home.  I hope all goes well tomorrow.

Monday is the big day.  We will be participating in one formal ceremony at the cemetary and a rather informal one at another.  There just doesn't seem to be enough veteran's organizations for all those who want our help to perform these honors.

Well, God Bless America!  Pray for a veteran today.  If you've lost a loved one, even if they weren't a veteran, we'll say a prayer for you, too.  God Bless!

No comments: