Monday, June 2, 2008

Talk about a Bad Day

Today I lost my cell phone. It was so annoying to not know where I put it down. It was annoying that I didn't have it when I left the house with kids there. It was annoying that all I could think about was where is the darn thing!?! Well, I found it about 12 hours after I lost it--at a store I frequent. But, of course, it had become someone's object of getting their kicks. The phone was in the office but some one destroyed it. No pictures, phone numbers, wall paper, camera was spared. Thank you so much to the person who delighted in destroying my phone. I hope you enjoyed yourself. I hope you never have to experience your children's tears when they realize their irreplaceable pix are gone. I hope I can find a new phone with easily downloadable pix. But I don't think I can replace all of my numbers easily either--like my son's pediatric endocrinologist's (diabetes doctor) beeper and his nurse/wife's cell phone number; or my traveling husband's cell phone number--I have to wait until he calls me and write it down. I will have to wait for my mother to call me--I don't have her cell phone number memorized or written down. I had other friends and family phone numbers that will take me weeks to reconstruct. Like I didn't have enough to do. Well, I have to take a deep breath and let go now. How much will this cost us?

27 [Jesus said,] "But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. 29 To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well..."
Luke 6

No comments: